YARWA’S Day of YA 2016
YARWA is proud to announce our fourth annual Day of YA at RWA Nationals in San Diego, California. Join us for this fun-filled, day-long event that’s all YA, all day!
- When: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
- Where: Marriott Marquis and Marina, SanDiego, CA.
- Cost: Early bird price $65 YARWA members / $75 non-members
- Prices will increase as of June 1st to $85 for YARWA members and $95 for non-members.
Schedule of Events:
8:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome
9:15 – 10:45 Craft Workshop: Patty Blount – The Male POV
10:45 – 10:55 Break
11:00 – 12:15 Industry Panel with YA-acquiring agents and editors.
Panelists will discuss industry trends, recent acquisitions and what’s hot in YA.
- Laura Bradford-Bradford Literary Agency
- Joanna McKenzie- Brown and Miller Agency
- Kristin Nelson- Nelson Literary Agency
- Kevan Lyon- Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Whitney Ross – Editor Tor/Macmillan
- Mary Altman – Editor Sourcebooks
- Robyn Burwell – Editor Blink Publishing
12:20-12:50 Networking Lunch
12:50-1:15 Keynote Address by R.L. La Fevers
1:15-1:30 YARWA Rosemary Contest Awards Presentation
1:40-3:10 Craft Workshop: Shelley Bates – The Rules of Revision
3:20-4:20 YA Author Panel
Join bestselling and award-winning authors as they discuss their road to publication, experiences in a changing marketplace, and answer your questions!
- Jennifer Armentrout
- Alieen Erin
- Elizabeth Briggs
- Juliana Stone
- Jenny Han
- Pintip Dunn-2016 RITA Finalist
4:20-4:30 YARWA Annual Meeting – Free and open to all YARWA members
Want to learn more about the Day of YA’s workshops & speakers? CLICK HERE