The 2018 Rosemary Contest enrollment is now closed. Good luck to everyone that participated!
Welcome to YARWA’s 2018 Rosemary Contest!
Welcome to the Rosemary Award for unpublished manuscripts, sponsored by the Young Adult Romance Writers of America. The Rosemary is named in honor of YARWA’s founding president and young adult author, Rosemary Clement-Moore. We’re excited to offer a contest devoted strictly to Young Adult and New Adult fiction. With three final judges per entry – an agent and two editors – your manuscript will get unprecedented exposure and consideration.
Available categories to enter:
- Contemporary YA
- Historical YA
- Paranormal YA
- Speculative YA
- New Adult
Check out the list of final judges – powerhouses in the Young Adult and New Adult publishing industry.
Questions? Please contact our Contest Coordinator, Tara Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: As long as your payment and entry form are time stamped before April 1st (i.e. can be any time on April 1st or before), your entry will be accepted into the contest. Our coordinators will be working to make sure you get the submission information for your entry as quickly as possible.
All authors, regardless of publishing status, are welcome to enter this contest. All authors must be at least 18 years of age.
Submitted manuscripts must be new, original YA or NA fiction that has not been published, self-published, or contracted to be published. Manuscripts must have a word count of at least 40,000 words.
Authors may enter as many manuscripts as they choose, but each manuscript may be entered in only one category.
Each category must have a minimum of 5 entries to remain a part of this contest. YARWA reserves the right to close a category if we receive less than 5 entries or more than 50 entries in that category.
- First 25 pages of manuscript
- Double-spaced, 1 inch margins, 12 point font, Times New Roman or Courier New.
- Do not include the author’s name in the manuscript.
- Please include in your header: TITLE / Category / Page # (Do not include your name on any page of the entered manuscript.)
- Document must be in .rtf/.doc/.docx format.
- Entrants will receive email confirmation of their submission from the respective category coordinator.
- First-round judging will be done by three trained judges. YARWA will make every effort to have a published author judge in every group.
- The lowest of the three scores will be dropped.
- Judges are allowed to enter a category they are NOT judging.
- Final Judges will include at least one editor and one agent in each category.
- Please note that all decisions of the judges are final.
- Contest Entry deadline – April 01, 2017 11:59pm, EST
- Finalists announced – On or around June 1, 2017
- Winners will be announced in July at YARWA’s Day of YA event during RWA’s Annual conference in Denver, Colorado
- All finalists will receive a website badge, finalists listing in RWR, and a free YARWA class of their choice.
- All winners and finalists will be announced on the YARWA website.